“R&R” was all Nikki’s doing – she started singing The Rough Rider Anthem while we were waiting for our food at Massimo’s Pizza, and the idea of being in it for the “rough ride” seemed like a great company motto (like I said, way too much pre-drinking). “HR” is pretty self explanatory by now, and the addition of “Consulting” to the name was a shout out to Ash Patel, the Networking King of Seneca College. Seeing as how it was our (fictional)company, we decided that we would all have our CHRP designations, and that we should be VPs of our own departments. The pictures just made the whole thing funnier.
All we were missing were actual business cards to hand out so I put my creativity and resume paper to good use and made copies for the girls (like I said, I was unemployed and bored.) I’m not too sure if any every got distributed but we have had some fairly successful recruitment drives/training sessions, and with a few new additions to the team over the years, business is booming. Too bad none of it is legit.
And with that being said…

(sorry Vinder, but you asked for a new post)

1 comment:
OMG!!!!! I look horrible in that pic! I remember that night too.....Those were good times that I can't forget! Can't believe that was so long ago...thanks Mel for the post to dedicated to me! I feel so special...BTW, we should have a R&R HR Reunion some time soon. I will organize...been way too long!
Post a Comment