Thursday, August 7, 2008

"this book might not change my life. but there is no telling how you will react"

Like I said before, I judge books by their cover. That may sound well, judgemental, but so far I have not been disappointed. Meandering around Chapters last night I came across a little gem called "Submarine". As if the cover art (a giant extreme doodle of sorts) wasn't enough, this is the opening line on the inside cover:

"Hello. I'm Oliver Tate, the protagonist. I am likely to use a word like protagonist and, moments later, a word like twonk."

Needless to say I've read 3 chapters already.

3 comments:

vintage muse said...

hhhmmmmm this cover looks a lot like this, no? http://bp2.blogger.com/_vJZt7RSvIMs/RgXSXMSrgDI/AAAAAAAAAOc/Xk5XucM-8oU/s1600-h/radiohead.JPG

big exit. said...

This book looks cool, but seriously, go get yourself some Ellen Ginsberg. She'll change your LIFE. I swear it.

A.G said...

I was looking at this book the other day too. Post a review later.