Sunday, July 6, 2008

ain't nothing shy about this town

I’ve been a little distracted this week, what with becoming a CHRP and all, but better late than never I guess. This was the first Canada Day long weekend in 3 years that I haven't been in Ottawa and it was kind of strange not to be surrounded by red and white. Not that I minded though because Chicago was amazing, but I did miss the fireworks and pub crawls.

So my mom and I spent last weekend in Chicago taking in the sights and sounds of the city. We walked, we shopped, we ate, we drank. I fell in love with the buildings and fountains and the ferris wheel at Navy Pier that we didn’t get to ride. The last trip we took together was to Moncton, NB and this repeat mother-daughter excursion was long overdue. When she lets her guard down, my mom is pretty funny.



Most memorable moment: Sally saying “well, we can take the bus up Michigan and walk to rest of the way so we don’t have to pay for a cab” every time we were trying to plan our day.



Most embarrassing moment: Having Sally jump and grab onto my arm when a car door slammed because we were walking in a “bad neighbourhood and it was dark out, and there were people around”.



2 comments:

little one said...

ahh, while i live in the states i've decided to see more of the country and definite stops on my list are philly and chicago.

is it really that lovely? is it really that similar to TO especially with the lake view?

Unknown said...

I like the bean and the lady fountain best.