Sunday, January 23, 2011

don't look at me that way

Let's get this one out of the way: I put an offer in on my dream condo yesterday (location, price, layout, amenities, counter space) but I got outbid. All the other details are of no consequence at this point so I'm skipping over them.

Basically I've been lazy and of the mind-set that nobody wants to read about the randomness that comes up in my life on a daily basis. (For those of you who do, you probably already follow me on Twitter anyway). I've hit an impasse of sorts in that I really don’t have much to share that isn't the same as before (work is awesome, I'm still cooking/baking, I desperately need to move out) and it just seemed selfish to inundate people with my whining/ranting/idle chit-chat on the aforementioned subjects. But then it hit me - that's what having a blog is all about! This is where I get to talk about me and what I'm thinking and go on and on incessantly about the mundane things in my life. If you don't like it, there's a "next blog" button at the top of your screen.

As an aside, I have sadly grown so accustomed to condensing all my thoughts into 140 characters or less that writing anything requiring punctuation is proving to be a challenge.

Since my last post (and the few before it) not much has happened. Not to say I’m stuck in a rut but rather that the latest series of events in my life are probably only exciting to me. However, because I’m doing my best to share, here is a quick recap of some of the more memorable highlights:

  • My hair is long enough for a little ponytail and I’m not sure if I want to cut it short or grow it out a bit more
  • Cuz/Cugi Night was a blast – dinner/dancing at Supermarket, fun times on College, and a delicious breakfast the next morning
  • Lots of condo viewings (I’m approaching 50) but none that impressed me
  • ‘Negotiating’ with a witty, stylish, music-loving gentleman and trying to figure out what to make of it (am I too old to have a boyfriend?)
  • Capped off 2010 with Rock Band, board games, and a pyjama party
  • Went to Ottawa and had to detour driving home because of an accident. What is usually less than a 5 hour drive turned into almost 8 hours on the road (thank God for satellite radio and heated seats)
  • Baked a 3-tier Guinness chocolate cake with Bailey’s cream cheese icing for Nikki’s 30th birthday
  • Going to Vancouver in March for the Harry Rosen Spring Run-Off and a visit with the good Reverend
  • Signed up for a ½ marathon in May

If any of the above are of particular interest to you, let me know and I will gladly go into more detail. Lord knows I could use a creative writing kick.

Oh, and just because I am a creature of habit, check this out c/o the LCBO Food&Drink winter 2011:

Roasted potatoes, yams, and red onions with sesame oil and smoked salt, and sticky oven ribs roasted with a fancy dry rub (a spicy mix of garlic salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper/chipotle powder, Barbarian steak spice) then glazed with a molasses sauce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"‘Negotiating’ with a witty, stylish, music-loving gentleman and trying to figure out what to make of it (am I too old to have a boyfriend?)"

Do tell!!

purposeful wanderer said...

I'll gladly tell, once I know who is asking...