Sunday, November 22, 2009

just like nonna makes it...

Heat a pan with olive oil and fry up garlic, shallots, sage leaves, oyster mushrooms, anchovies. Coat bucatini pasta with olive oil, and hefty handful of Parmesan cheese, and then toss in the stuff from the pan.

For the tuna meatballs I used fresh tuna ($21.74 worth!), cinnamon, pine nuts, flat leaf parsley, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs. It's a Jamie Oliver recipe that is a surprising twist on the standard ground beef meatballs.



My amazing family got me a Kitchen Aid mixer for my birthday, and I finally put it to use to make the crumble for the blueberry/balckberry squares. It took no time at all and I sat staring at the pastry blade going round and round, completely mesmerized like a little kid. It's a thing of beauty. The filling for the squares is fresh blue/blackberries ($20.00 worth!), the juice and rind of an orange, sugar, and cornstarch to thicken it.



No comments: