Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Who is, Alex Trebek?

Like most immigrant Italian grandparents, mine honed their English skills by watching 2 TV shows: Wheel of Fortune, and Jeopardy (or as my nonna says: La Rota, and Jeffrey). I'm not a big fan of The Wheel anymore, but Jeopardy gets me every time. Once I brush up on my 17th century literature and potent potables I'm going to audition again. If the rumours are true and Alex Trebek really is retiring things just won't be the same. I wonder if they could get Will Ferrell to replace him?


On a side note, remember the genius that was Ken Jennings? 74 consecutive wins, the highest one day score ever of $75,000, and what a sense of humour!

2 comments:

little one said...

hahaha, i want to try out too, but i'd probably do better in a college tournament, my education has been slipping since graduation - many, many, too many years ago.

Anonymous said...

this is the best post