In September of last year the good Reverend headed out west to start the next chapter in his life. I didn't want him to leave, I told him he wouldn't find friends like us, I mocked Vancouver. But I could also see in his eyes that his mind was set.
The day before his flight, Hayley and I made a deal with him that we would make our way to Vancouver in March and work a visit around the Spring Run-Off. It gave us all something to look forward to and made saying goodbye easier because it became "see you in March" instead.
Something that was once so far off in the future is now within arms reach and it brings me comfort knowing that in less than 2 days there will be an epic airport reunion with giants hugs and tears of sheer joy.
Hope you're ready for us Rev, because Toronto is coming for you and we're bringing trouble
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment