Sunday, March 22, 2009

breaking bread



It's been too long since I made a big meal on Sunday, and it's been even longer since we had an R&R HR meeting, so I invited the whole lot over today and we feasted. We broke the proverbial bread and laughed the afternoon away - a great way to welcome in springtime. Say what you will, but I was smiling like a kid at Christmas all weekend; planning the menu, buying groceries, attempting buttercream icing...I was in culinary heaven. When I win the lottery, I'm going to have everyone over every Sunday and we are going to eat like royalty. Until then, we'll take it one week at a time.


  • Pepper soup ('nuff said)
  • Roasted baby potatoes tossed with lemon rind, rosemary, Parmesan, garlic
  • Asparagus with sweet balsamic vinegar, lemon slices
  • Chicken stuffed with goat cheese, sundried tomato, basil
  • Caesar salad with tons of garlic and anchovies (thanks Dave)
  • Party Cake with buttercream icing and mixed berry filing, served with a concoction of mixed berries, vanilla bean, sugar, Grand Marnier

No comments: